Information for the 2015 Global Change Student Research Grant Competition:
Download application materials
- 2015 Guidelines (PDF)
- 2015 Undergraduate Cover Sheet (fillable Word form)
- 2015 Graduate Cover Sheet (fillable Word form)
Synopsis of Program
The Global Change Student Research Grant Competition provides support to students for research related to global change with a focus on arctic and subarctic boreal regions (including but not limited to North America). This competition is designed to give students experience with proposal writing and the peer review system as practiced by natural and social science funding agencies. We seek proposals involving the environmental, social or engineering components of global change (including but not limited to climate change) and its effect upon arctic or subarctic processes, ecosystems, and/or societies. Students must place the proposed work in an interdisciplinary context by explaining its relevance to other academic disciplines and endeavors.
- Applicants must have graduate or undergraduate status in a degree-granting program at UAF at the time the research will be conducted. Graduate and undergraduate proposals will be evaluated separately.
- Applicants may submit only one proposal per year and only 2 proposals during their UAF student career. Students who submitted one or more proposals to this competition prior to 2013 are allowed one additional submission.
- Proposal must be written entirely by the student PI(s).
- Applicants should request a start date of no earlier than 1 July 2015 and no later than 1 January 2016. Funds must be spent by 30 June 2016.
- There can be more than one student PI on a proposal, as long as each PI meets the eligibility requirements outlined above. Budget maximums as described below apply per proposal regardless of the number of PIs.
- Graduate proposals will be accepted for 1-year duration with budgets up to $10,000 per year. Undergraduate proposals are limited to 1 year for a total of up to $7,500.
Deadline: Friday, 6 February 2015 by 5 p.m.
- Proposals containing all required elements are due (electronic only) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Late proposals will be returned without further consideration. Read and follow the complete guidelines carefully.