Global Change Student Grant Competition
Awardees for 2012*
Undergraduate student awards
Graduate student awards
- Adrian Bender, Department of Geology, UAA: Spatial and temporal variance of great earthquakes along the Alaska-Aleutian megathrust
- Nicole DeLuca, Department of Biological Sciences, UAA: Differences in the mercury concentrations of male and female threespine stickleback: reproduction transfer, physiological effects of reproductive growth, or ecological divergence?
- Claire Addis, Department of Biology and Wildlife, UAF: Effects of increased snow on growth response and allocation patterns of arctic plants
- Tayana Arakchaa, Department of Anthropology, UAF: Is climate change contributing to the decline of reindeer herding among the Tozhu people?
- Brian Atkinson, Department of Natural Resources Management, UAF: Determining forage distribution of a changing caribou habitat on Unimak Island through remote sensing techniques
- Annie Brownlee, Department of Biological Sciences, UAA: Physiological, growth and resource allocation responses of white spruce (Picea glauca) to climate warming at the Arctic treeline in northwest Alaska
- Elizaveta Ershova, School of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences, UAF: Residents vs. expatriates in the Pacific-Arctic gateway: unraveling the summer distribution of sibling copepod species in the Chukchi Sea
- Yuning Fu, Department of Geology and Geophysics, UAF: Measuring seasonal hydrological effects in Alaska and accelerating mass loss in southeast Alaska with GRACE and GPS measurements
- Marijke Habermann, Department of Geology and Geophysics, UAF: Changing basal conditions during the rapid disintegration of Jakobshavn Isbrae's floating ice tongue
- Kate Legner, Department of Biological Sciences, UAA: Seasonal movements, diet composition and nutritional quality of the declining Unimak Island caribou herd
- Vijay Patil, Department of Biology and Wildlife, UAF: Modeling interactions between climate change, lake change and boreal ecosystem dynamics in the Yukon Flats National Wildlife Refuge
- Brian Quinlan, Department of Biological Sciences, UAA: Interrelationships between host physiology and the gut microbial communities in Arctic ground squirrels
- Michelle Shero, Department of Biological Sciences, UAA: Weddell seal (Leptonychotes weddellii) physiological plasticity: mechanisms to meet the demands of a changing world?
- Alyse Thurber, Department of Biology and Wildlife, UAF: Ecosystem impacts of shrub expansion on the North Slope of Alaska
- James Willacker, Department of Biological Sciences, UAA: The role of denaturing agents in fixative dependent shifts in stable isotope and mercury values
- Melissa Woodgate, Department of Natural Resources Management, UAF: Soil organic carbon distribution in relation to vegetation succession in the permafrost terrain, Yukon-Kuskokwim Coastal Plain
Student Awardees for 2011
Student Awardees for 2010
Student Awardees for 2009
Student Awardees for 2008
Student Awardees for 2007
Student Awardees for 2006
Student Awardees for 2005
Student Awardees for 2004
Student Awardees for 2003
Student Awardees for 2002
Student Awardees for 2001
Guidelines for the most recent (2013) competition are available here, although the proposal submission deadline has now passed. To be notified when the 2014 guidelines are posted, please send an e-mail with the words "2014 CGC guidelines" in the subject line.
*UAA (University of Alaska Anchorage) students were included in this competition 2009-2012.
Return to the student competition page.
Return to the Center for Global Change main page.
This page last updated February 13, 2013.