Global Change Student Grant Competition Awardees for 2008
- Laura Brosius, Department of Biology & Wildlife: Determining organic matter sources for methane production and bubbling from Alaskan lakes using stable isotopes and radiocarbon ages
- Stacey Fritz, Department of Anthropology: DEW Line passage: Tracing the legacies of arctic militarization
- Michael Golub, Department of Mechanical Engineering: Study of electric vehicle utilization effect on carbon dioxide emissions
- Matthew Klick, Department of Resource Economics: Corporate social responsibility and community resilience: A case study of Norway's Snohvit gas complex
- Michel dos Santos Mesquita, Department of Atmospheric Sciences: North Pacific storm track climatology: Is the current operational algorithm misrepresenting Alaska storms?
- Grant Shimer, Department of Geology & Geophysics: A paleoenvironmental analysis of lake sediments from Canyon Lake, Copper River basin, Alaska
- Adam Watson, Department of Biology & Wildlife: Using stable isotope analysis to assess the effect of drought stress on white spruce vulnerability to bark beetle mortality
Return to the awardees page.